Australia is a beautiful country and a truly wonderful place to live…however, it is notorious the world over for being home to some of the nastiest pests in the world. If you want to keep your home free of pests, it can be difficult to do at times. You may never be able to avoid having the occasional pest come into your home. However, there is certainly a lot that you can do to significantly lower the likelihood.
Prevention aside, what do you do when pests invade your home? How much do pest exterminators cost in Australia? And how long does pest control spray last?
In this article, we’re going to answer all of these questions and more, including how often you should pest control your home, for the best results.
How much do pest exterminators cost in Australia?
When you have household pests you will want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Not only are they scary, but they can (in some cases) cause irreparable damage to your home (we’re looking at you termites).
Of course, the best way to get rid of pests from your home is to hire a professional pest control service. This is because they will have all of the necessary expertise, training, and licencing to carry out this kind of work – particularly when extermination often requires the use of noxious chemicals.
So, how much do pest exterminators cost in Australia? You can expect pest control services in Australia to range anywhere between $300 and $700 AUD – depending on the severity of the pest situation.
Here are some further examples for you to help give you a better idea:
- $130 for a 3-bedroom house
- $170 for a 4-bedroom house
- $150 to $275 for flea and tick treatment
- $250 to $300 for rodent removal
- $225-ish for possum removal
- $180 to $225 for termite control
- $250 for pre-purchase property pest inspection services
- $300 to $600 for combined building and pest inspection services
Bear in mind that these numbers are merely speculative. The overall cost of the pest control services will vary, depending on a variety of factors, such as:
- How big is the affected area?
- What pest are you dealing with?
- How severe is the pest problem?
- Which state do you live in?
- How accessible is your property?
- What kind of pest control treatment is required?
How long does pest exterminators’ spray last?
So, how long does pest control spray last after your home has been treated? Again, this depends on a variety of factors, however, you can typically expect a perimeter spray to last anywhere from 30 to 90-days.
You should speak with your pest control expert before committing to any extermination treatment. There are many different chemicals used to eradicate certain pests and it is always worth being extra cautious – particularly if you have small pets and children.
There are non-toxic alternatives to pest control, though these can vary in terms of efficiency and accuracy. It all comes down to the pest problem, the severity of the situation, and what your pest control expert recommends.
How often should you pest control your home?
How often should you have your home pest controlled? Unless you want to have to call a pest control expert all of the time, the best way to keep pests out of your home is via prevention, rather than extermination. In any case, hiring a pest control service once every couple of months can be a highly effective means of keeping your home free and clear.
Other pest prevention tactics include:
- Removing any sources of food, water, or shelter (seal goods in containers, mop up spillages, and de-clutter your home) – this is advised by rat control specialists as rodents as they love free food and water!
- Dispose of your garbage regularly and invest in a quality sealed bin
- Reduce the clutter in areas of your home where pests are likely to hide
- Seal any cracks and entry points in and around your home
- Regularly clean your home and keep on top of it
- Rinse and clean your recyclables
- Clean your drains
- Wipe up crumbs and disinfect your kitchen after use
If you follow a strict pest-prevention routine, you shouldn’t need to rely on pest control services as much. Often a combination of the two is advised.
- Pest exterminators cost anywhere between $300 and $700 AUD
- Pest control spray can last from 30 to 90-days
- You should aim to pest control your home at least once every few months
- Stick to a pest-prevention routine for a greater chance of success
If you find yourself in need of further advice, or you want a more accurate estimation on pest extermination, reach out to your local pest control company, such as SWAT Pest Control in Brisbane.
We hope that you have found this article helpful. It’s never nice having pests invade your home but if it is something that occurs often, it could be that you need to de-clutter your home and commit to regularly cleaning it.
With the right approach, you should be able to keep your home more or less pest-free for good. At the very least, you can avoid any major infestations by following the above tips.